We are looking for an experienced Systems Engineer to direct system design in complex electromechanical systems being developed at Nucleus Scientific. We have a suite of transportation technologies that are being incorporated into a single application and need the right candidate to offer leadership, guidance, and technical knowledge to effectively integrate these technologies. The ability to effectively communicate with our electrical, mechanical, and controls teams
is key to advancing our technologies.
- Serve as technical lead for interfacing between controls, electrical, and mechanical components in complex electromechanical systems.
- Assist in development of vehicle controls to validate the technologies implemented in Nucleus vehicles.
- Layout of system architecture including but not limited to space claims, wire routing, EMI considerations, and vehicle dynamics considerations.
- Assist project management in determining cross team dependencies, critical path, and risk mitigation.
- Document System and Control requirements, test procedures and results, perform failure analysis and design reviews.
- BS or MS in Electrical, Mechanical, or Automotive engineering.
- Proven experience in development of complex electro-mechanical systems in transportation applications with an understanding of the interactions between hardware and control.
- Basic understanding and experience in vehicle dynamics, electric motor theory, and control theory.
- Compliance and standards experience with UL, ISO, IEC, or similar standards.
- Experience leading a technical team.
- Hands-on testing and assembly of prototypes.
- +5 years working with electromechanical systems.
- Experience using Python, Matlab, or Simulink for data analysis and control design.
- Experience with embedded control systems.
- ISO 26262 and ISO 9000 compliance experience.
The position is based in Cambridge, MA. Interested candidates should apply with resume and cover letter below.